Becoming a Member of the Congregation
At Cornerstone, persons who attend are considered “part of the family.” However, to become an official member of the congregation persons must meet specific requirements.
Requirements for Membership: Prospective members of the congregation at Cornerstone Fellowship must:
– Be in complete and stated agreement with the Statement of Faith of Cornerstone Fellowship.
– Be in complete and stated agreement with the Philosophy of Ministry of Cornerstone Fellowship.
– Complete three courses (12 weeks of study) prior to joining the congregation: “Catching the Vision,” “Firm Foundations,” and “Discover Your Gifts” (each being 4 weeks of study, respectively).
Admission to Membership: Having met the requirements listed above, persons shall be admitted to the membership of Cornerstone Fellowship upon profession of faith and baptism, by transfer of church letter, by Christian experience or by restoration.
– Any person professing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and holding religious convictions in agreement with the covenant and doctrinal statement of this fellowship, but not having been previously baptized, may, upon baptism by immersion, be received into the membership of this fellowship.
– Any person who presents a letter of dismissal or recommendation from another Christian church and who holds religious convictions in agreement with the covenant and doctrinal statement of this fellowship may be received into the membership of this fellowship upon profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
– Any person who is or has been a member of another Christian church and who is in agreement with the covenant and doctrinal statement of this fellowship may be received into the membership of this fellowship upon profession of faith in Jesus Christ and relation of their Christian experience to the Leadership Council.
– Any person whose membership in this fellowship has been terminated and who is in agreement with the covenant and doctrinal statement of this fellowship may be restored to membership upon profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
Approval for Membership: Having met the above requirements, persons seeking membership in the congregation of Cornerstone Fellowship will be presented to the Elders for approval. Upon affirmative vote of the Elders, persons seeking membership, and having met all of the requirements for membership, will be considered members of the congregation.
Maintaining Membership: To maintain membership rights at Cornerstone, persons must sign the Church Covenant annually. If a person refuses to sign the covenant, membership rights, including the right to vote at congregational meetings and be invovled in ministry at Cornerstone, will be refused until the covenant is signed. Once the covenant is signed, all membership rights will be restored.